Avalon has a great experience and understanding of planning norms and regulations.
We undertake your project from inception to completion including pre-planning and planning or we can take over the project at any stage of the process. At the earliest stage, we will ensure that your project will work properly technically and is compliant with all relevant standards and regulations.
Avalon Design Team is always flanked by our Construction team to have design and cost assessments proceeding simultaneously thus making the process more efficient and enabling the project to develop without dramatic changes being required for budget reasons at later stage.
How we work: Building Information Modeling
Building Information Modeling (BIM) is a construction industry norm using 3d software for visualisation and the estimation of quantities and costs and determining across the design and project team, a coordinated process.
We have implemented BIM in our process because of the many benefits it can provide including:
- Cost savings of at least 20% by avoiding errors and poor coordination resulting in delays during construction as demonstrated by The British Government that has introduced BIM for all the public works.
- We deliver three dimensional models as PDF so, other than Acrobat Reader, no special software is required. The model can be explored both externally and internally and therefore, can provide a virtual visit of your future home with family and friends.
- We can provide accurate cost assessment at early stage and develop detailed cost estimation all along the design process always keeping the budget under control.
- The 3D model of the proposed building allows the best coordination between Design Team (Architects, Designers, Structural Engineers, M&E Consultants, etc) avoiding mistake and providing virtual simulation of what will happen on site during the construction.
- Any issues that may arise are identified and resolved before work on site begins.
- BIM allows us to be more efficient for reason that all the information derives from a coordinated model. For this reason, we can provide all the deliverables very quickly and without time wasting (plans, sections, elevations, details, schedules).
- Compared to a traditional 2D approach, we can save around 50% of our drafting time which enables us to dedicate more time to more important matters such as creating attractive and efficient designs and controlling the processes.
What we do: procurement routes
Building a house is like travelling. Designing it is like planning the journey. And then you can always decide to change direction along the way and, if this is the case, it is important doing it smoothly and efficiently without any mistake.
Designing and building a house requires a complex set of activities and the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) suggests to organise the work by stages (RIBA Work Stages). At Avalon Construction & Design we will deliver design services in accordance with the RIBA Work Stages in order to ensure the quality of the process.
Our range of design services and solutions includes:
- Feasibility study
- Concept Design
- Cost Assessment
- Planning Application
- Listed Building Consent
- Discharge of Planning Condition
- Technical design
- Construction details
- Design Coordination
- Building Regulation Compliance
- Interior design